Monday, February 29, 2016

The Salted Caramel Sinner

Makeup Revolution's sister brand came out with dupes of the Too Faced Chocolate palette range. This particular palette is the Salted Caramel and is meant to be a straight out dupe of the Semi Sweet palette by Too Faced. The packaging is quite sturdy and has a nice weight to it; it doesn't feel flimsy at all. It contains 16 eyeshadows with 7 of the eyeshadows being matte, 8 are shimmer and one is a glitter eyeshadow. The packaging is really cute, with a darker brown packaging and then a caramel coloured bar on top which is'melted'. It also has a mirror and comes with a duo ended sponge applicator which I threw away. I have no idea why palettes still include sponge applicators as barely anyone would use them..it just seems like such a waste. 
One of the best things about this is the smell. It smells like a caramel chocolate bar and I could smell it right out of the cardboard packaging and a lot more when I got it out of the packaging. The smell isn't offensive (at least to me!) and each individual eyeshadow when swatched actually had the smell.  All the eyeshadows save for Cake have a very smooth and silky texture to them and the majority are quite blendable. Some of the eyeshadows weren't that highly pigmented and needed to be layered over a few times. The palette costs £7.99. 
(L-R: Delicious, Tempt, Choc, Cake, Perfect, Salted, Candy, Caramel)
Delicious is a matte and is your typical neutral pale shade. This is my favourite colour for an eyeshadow which sounds pretty boring but it works so well under the brow bone, all over the lid (whether it's to set your eyeshadow base or to have it as an actual eyeshadow) or as a transition shade. Since I'm so pale, I can also actually get away with setting my under eye concealer with this. It isn't the most pigmented.
Tempt is a matte and is a black eyeshadow. To get it to be as pigmented as it is in the swatch I needed to go over it a few times. Not the most pigmented and not that impressed by it if I'm honest.
Choc is a matte eyeshadow with a hint of tiny gold shimmer. It's a mid brown with a warm undertone. I love that it has the slightest orange to it and I love using this just above my crease or on my lower lash line. It's quite pigmented and very blendable. Overall it's a good all rounder eyeshadow.
Cake is a glitter eyeshadow and it is a pale pink with a purple undertone to it. This has to be my least favourite eyeshadow as it really needed to be built up to get it show that much. It's meant to be layered on top of an eyeshadow rather than using on it's own, but I wish it was just that bit more pigmented.
Perfect is a matte and is a gray toned medium brown. I love this as it's really pigmented  and is cool toned. Just like Choc this is also a good all rounder and is one of my favourite shades in the palette.
Salted is a shimmer and it is a cool toned brown with a very slight purple undertone to it. It's a perfect taupe shade and it is such an amazing colour to put all over your lids.
Candy is a matte and is a yellow toned brown. Even with the yellow tone to it, it's more of a cool eyeshadow. I think this would be nice as a transition shade.
Caramel is a shimmer and is a gold copper. Not the most pigmented shade out of the lot, but it's buildable and really blendable as well. This type of amber coloured eyeshadow would make any eye colour pop.
(L-R: Heavenly, Drizzle, Enjoy, Crunch, Sweet, Fudge, Spoon, Yum!)
Heavenly is a matte and is a cool toned muted peach colour. This is just one of my favourite eyeshadow colours. It works really as a transitional shade, an all over the lid eyeshadow and even to use to blend out the edges of your eyeshadow. Really pigmented even though it doesn't show up that well on my hand. 
Drizzle is a matte and is a mid-toned brown. It's a warm eyeshadow with very prominent yellow-ish undertones. It is pigmented but to get it to show up as it does in the swatches I had to go over it twice. 
Enjoy is a shimmer and is a beautiful dark brown with a black tone to it. This isn't the most blendable shade as whilst you're blending it out it fades away which is a bit of a disappointment. It would need building up as you go along blending it out. 
Crunch is a shimmer and is the blue eyeshadow. It has a purple sheen to it but also a green undertone to it. Definitely different to most blue eyeshadows that I own. Quite pigmented and easy to blend out.
Sweet is a matte and is a bright, mid-toned orange. It pretty much looks like a bright caramel and has a slight brown to it. It has really nice pigmentation and it is easy to blend. 
Fudge is a shimmer and it's a bronze with gold shimmer to it. It's cool toned and has a slight hint of a gray to it. The colour pay off for this was really nice and I really like using this as an all over the lid shade. 
Spoon is a shimmer and is a pink based copper with gold shimmer. It's a warm toned eyeshadow and would look pretty much amazing with any eye colour despite the pink tone to it. Really love this, and I would use this right in the middle of my lids. 
Yum! is a shimmer and is a pale gold with a peach tone to it. It's not that pigmented and needed quite a few layers to get it to look as pigmented as it does. This would work well as an inner corner eyeshadow or even as a face highlight.
SHARE: