Saturday, February 13, 2016

Cause this is my game

Dress: Miss Selfridge | Earrings: ASOS | Jacket: H&M | Shoes: Peacocks 
This isn't a dress I would usually go for, it's of midi length and has a high neck. I thought a midi dress on my petite frame would make me look a lot shorter than I am, but it actually made me look taller! I tried this on at Miss Selfridge and ended up buying it when the sales came a few days later. There was another black midi dress that I wanted but it wasn't in stock when I went during the sales. I never thought I'd suit a midi dress but I'm trying to go for things that I wouldn't usually go for and see if I like them, otherwise I'll end up in a style rut which I really don't want.
I was actually planning on having the high neck removed, but since I've been seeing this type of style around lately, I thought I'd try it out. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would as it isn't too tight around my neck, and as long as I didn't keep thinking about the fact that I have something very near to my neck, I was fine. The reason I say this is when I was younger I couldn't stand polo necks at all, and I used to have panic attacks. Now, I really want a polo neck to just at least try out!
I find myself trying to go for styles that are a little bit more grown up, rather than going for the usual skater style. I think it's also because I'm no longer in school so I feel a lot more comfortable going for different fits since I can wear them both at work and during my own free time. This dress I can actually imagine myself wearing with either really high heels, flats, trainers (YAS!!) and even court heels like these.
SHARE: