Saturday, November 21, 2015

Soft and Wild

When Pupa Milano contacted me asking whether I would like to try a couple of things from the Soft & Wild Limited Edition collection, I have to admit I did get quite excited. The colours and packaging were right up my alley.
The products in this collection range from soft nude shades to berry and darker shades to bring out the wild side in you, whilst at the same time showing a little softness. And to emphasize that wild side is a leopard print pattern over certain items in the packaging. One of the most exciting bits is their top coat in Black Leopard which is a transparent top coat with micro glitter and sequins in the shape of leopard spots! Perfect for those lazy days when you don't want to be bothered about nail art.
One of the products that I was sent is the Wet & Dry Eyeshadow in shade 001 Golden Mauve. This is a baked eyeshadow and honestly, it feels like silk. It's so smooth, and so soft to the touch. The eyeshadow itself looks textured so I wasn't expecting this type of silkiness. Golden Mauve looks like a brown at first glance, but it's actually a brown based purple. Applied dry it's definitely quite sheer, but very buildable. The more you build it up, the more the purple shows up and there's also very fine golden shimmer to this. It's also very, very easy to blend as it's really soft. I like the fact that it starts of as sheer as for people out there who don't feel that adventurous with eyeshadows can actually use this type of shade without feeling too blown out of their comfort zone.
The other product I was sent was one of their Pure-Color Lipstick Absolute Shine in 004 Wild Fuchsia. This colour is actually a little out of my comfort zone as I like reds and deep pinks. But I also like trying new shades, particularly lipsticks that smell just like vanilla which this does! This swatches beautifully, velvety smooth and very moisturizing. It didn't sink into any fine lines and didn't feather. It also felt very moisturizing on the lips.
SHARE: