Saturday, November 7, 2015

Good Things Micellar Water

Good Things Acai Berry Micellar Water
You might have heard about Micellar water (and if you haven't, where have you been?). Micellar water is a cleanser used to cleanse your face gently. It's generally applied with a cotton pad and just a few drops of it can remove your make up for the day, as well as cleanse it.
Micellar water actually originated in France in the 1990's (at least according to Marie Clare UK) and were used to help women cleanse their faces gently as Paris actually has "notoriously harsh water". Micellar waters are supposed to be soap-free cleansers that don't need to be rinsed, and therefore are meant to be a lot more gentler on the skin.
There, you now know what Micellar Water is, so let's take a look at the particular one that I've been using for the past few months, have emptied and repurchased. When I saw the Good Things Micellar Water in my local supermarket, I knew I had to get it and at least try it out. If you've seen my previous review of the Good Things Products (which I've finished up, re-purchased, and use daily religiously), then you know that I love this brand quite a lot. 
I have highly sensitive skin, so certain products make my skin sting, give me a rash, or dry out my skin so badly, that it sometimes cracks. This means I really need to be careful which products I use on my skin and is one of the reasons I try to go for products that have natural ingredients in them. The Good Things Micellar water has Acai Berry, Mango and Blueberries and as always are not tested on animals, do not have animal ingredients in them, free from parabens, mineral oils and sulphates. I don't know about other Micellar waters, but this definitely needs to be rinsed off. It feels just slightly soapy.
For the first week that I've used this, it made my skin burn, but it didn't irritate me,  cause any flare ups or any sort of reactions. But make sure to not get into your eyes, as this burns. What I like to do is use it on the rest of my face, and then use the same cotton pad on my eyes. Not only does it mean that most of the product has gone onto the rest of your skin, but it also feels a lot more gentle on the eyes. I kept on using it, and gradually the burn feeling stopped. I've been using this morning and night, to remove my make up and cleanse my skin and it works perfectly. I used to use the Rimmel Eye Makeup Remove to remove my makeup before, but I haven't used that in months. I've just been using this before the rest of my skin care routine.
My skin feels quite refreshed and clean after using this, and after a couple of weeks my skin looks quite healthy looking. The fact that this has anti-oxidants in it as well being vitamin rich because of the superfruit in it, means your skin is kept hydrated, and doesn't need more vitamins in their skin?. Like all the Good Things products, this smells amazing and it's not an overly powerful scent either. It's also a quick way of cleansing your skin if you don't have time to do the rest of your make up. 
SHARE: