Sunday, October 12, 2014

Dating Joe Black

Catrice Liquid Liner - 01 Dating Joe Black
I have been liquid eyeliner less for well over 2 months now. I've been going out with just a bit of eyeshadow, mascara and concealer to work and to be completely honest I did not feel like my self. Winged eyeliner is my thing. I had my gel eyeliner from Essence to cover me for the weekends, but it takes way too long to apply at 5:15am in the morning. So I finally went and bought eyeliner. Funnily enough, this was on my Catrice wishlist, but I forgot about it, and whilst I was swatching a total of 7 liquid eyeliners, I thought this one looked best. 
The packaging looks a bit deceiving as it looks as if its a felt tip eyeliner pen. But it isn't. It's actually a regular liquid eyeliner. 
When I look for a liquid eyeliner, I first take a look at the 'wand'. What I've seen when I was having a browse at the liquid eyeliner was that liquid eyeliners generally have a nib, a brush, or a thin plastic thing. I personally prefer a felt tip nib. This eyeliner has one of the most precise felt tip brush I have ever tried in my life. I swatched it on my hand and got a good line, and when I tried it on my eyes when I got home, not only did it line my eyes perfectly, but I got the wings to look equal! It took me less than 2 minutes to apply the liner on both eyes including the wings. It's ridiculously precise.
The second thing I look for in a liquid eyeliner is the pigmentation. I like a really black liquid eyeliner. I don't want it grey-ish, or slightly faded or jagged. With all three of those you need to go over your liner and risk messing it up. The pigmentation of this is amazing. First application of this and you get the full pigmentation. It also dries as a matte black which I personally really like. 
Third thing that I look for is how long it takes to dry. This didn't take long to dry at all. It didn't dry instantly, it took about 15-30 seconds for it to dry completely which is good enough for me. Also, it didn't smear on the rest of my lid whilst I was apply the wing which is NICE. 
This is also available in the waterproof version, but I ended up getting this version as the waterproof didn't have the best pigmentation.
SHARE: