Saturday, April 19, 2014

Raspberry, strawberry, lemon and lime

Revlon - Raspberry Pie
I have been wanting to try out the Revlon Lip Butters for ages, but to spend 12.50 euros on a drugstore lipstick was just not going to happen. At least, not with my own money it wasn't. So when I ventured into a stop that accepted smart cards (smart cards are student cards which have a certain amount of money on them) to buy 2 lipsticks and I saw that they had the Revlon Lip Butters, I couldn't resist buying it. The store didn't actually have the lipsticks that I wanted, but hey I came out with a Revlon Lip Butter!
The one that I got is Raspberry Pie which is a blue toned darkish pink. Think of a raspberry but more on the pink side, and you've got the colour for this lip butter! They weren't too off with the naming of this colour in my opinion.
So Revlon Lip butters were all over the blogosphere about 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken, but I just got on the bandwagon myself with the best colour ever. So the colour that you get in the bullet, is the exact colour that you get on your lips which is what should happen with every lipstick. It is extremely pigmented, and with one swipe you get quite a good amount of colour. I apply this 'twice' on my lips so as to cover any areas which I have missed. Texture wise, it is extremely moisturizing and that's when I got the reason why it's called a lip butter. The texture is like that of a lip balm, except better. It is as smooth as butter. Yes. Now another good thing about this lip butter is the smell. It smells like moist cookies.
This lasted on my lips between 4-5 hours with drinking and eating. After 4-5 hours I was left with a mild stain left on my lips and the outline was still quite pigmented. If you don't eat or drink with this on, I think it would last a lot longer. Towards the end of those 4-5 hours, my lips still felt incredibly moisturized. I think this is one of those lip colours that would look good with ANY skintone, regardless of whether you are pale, tanned or just dark skinned. It just looks good.
Application wise, it was a little hard to apply because of the shape of the bullet. You can't just apply it like a normal lipstick, you've got to apply it a lot more carefully in order to get it on the right parts of your lips.. not going on the outside as well. So that's the only downside for me.
I still wouldn't pay 12.50 for this but only because I know it's cheaper online, or outside of Malta. Malta stores tend to price drugstore items at high end prices. Which sucks.
Would I recommend this to anyone? Heck yes. This is amazing. It is amazing quality, extremely nice colour, great pigmentation, and it just lasts quite long. It feels like your lips have been polished with the most amazing varnish ever. Revlon Lip Butters, you are a win in my book!
SHARE:

1 comments:

Write comments
Jasmine Li
AUTHOR
April 20, 2014 at 5:19 AM delete

Yea these are hard to apply neatly right? Especially the bolder colors I really want to have some precision.
But this color is one of my fave shades!

Reply
avatar