Friday, April 4, 2014

Bad Romance

(Top row, l-r: A Vow in Venice, Marry in Monte Carlo, Honeymoon in Hollywood)
(Bottom row, l-r: Pretty in Paris, Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes)
(top row, l-r: Bliss in Barcelona, Forever in Florence, Love in London)
(bottom row, l-r: Lust in LA, Romance in Rome, Propose in Prague)
When we were in the UK, on our last day we stepped into a Superdrug. I had been wanting to go to Superdrug mainly to find the Collection 2000 concealer everyone is talking about. I have rather dark under eye circles and barely any concealers are able to conceal them fully without being cakey. But the Collection 2000 concealer felt dry on swatching, and I just thought.. no, I'm not buying this. So I turned around to browse the shop a bit more, and lo and behold: A Sleek Stand. The Sleek stand was so messy and dirty, I was tempted to just not look around at all. But, I saw this palette. And it was called the Vintage Romance palette so I ended up buying it. The packaging was actually taped shut so I thought, this should be okay then. It was.
I was actually panicking that I bought the wrong palette, so I walked back in the store to check that it was the correct one and it was. I honestly fell in love with the colours in this palette. My favourite colours in general are blues and purples. And I can never, ever have too many purple eyeshadows. I didn't just want this palette, I needed it!
I also really like how the palette eyeshadow names tell a sort of love story. It's quite different from most palettes, so I was a bit won over by that. But, a palette can't be a good palette unless its eyeshadows are good. They were. All colours were quite pigmented. Not all of them transferred that well onto my hand, but I ended up trying a variety of the colours on my lids, and they transferred extremely well onto my lids. Which was a bit surprising because I thought there would more of a chance that the colour would transfer well on my hand, and not so well on my eyes, but it happened to be vice versa.
Another surprising thing about one of the eyeshadows in this palette is not what it seems. Forever in Florence is not a brownish shade but another purple shade! In the last picture, the 2nd eyeshadow from the top row is Forever in Florence. It looks so different!!
I loved the eyeshadows. They are pigmented, the colour transfers really well on the eye. The packaging is really nice and sturdy. The palette also has a mirror that's really handy. It also has a double ended sponge applicator that I doubt I'll ever use.
I would probably buy another palette by Sleek. It's a really nice brand from what I've seen and it's well worth the money. I think this palette cost 8 pounds, which is really not expensive for 12 eyeshadows!
SHARE:

2 comments

Write comments
Bailey Murray
AUTHOR
April 5, 2014 at 7:30 AM delete

Love Sleek palettes too- I use the Oh So Special one almost daily. I'll have to remember this one next time I make an order!

Reply
avatar