Monday, January 20, 2014

Fireworks are through

For our anniversary, my boyfriend bought me 9 China Glaze polishes, which I haven't received or bought myself in roughly 2 years. I honestly missed buying nail polishes, but I got out of the habit of putting on nail polish because of work. But, slowly I'm getting back into my usual routine of having nail polish on and I am loving it. China Glaze is the ultimate nail polish brand for me personally. I get a lot of product, the colours are beautiful, and the application is perfect so I'm good. The nail polish brush is quite thin compared to most polishes, but honestly I prefer it that way because I don't want to risk painting the skin around my nails which I usually do with thicker brushes. A little embarrassing to admit, but we've all been there!
So on New Year's Eve I hadn't even started painting my nails yet, and I had started painting my nails black whilst doing the tips with China Glaze Electrify (from the Hunger Games collection...aka too excited for words), but then I didn't end up liking what I was doing so I changed it up to blue. And this is the result.
China Glaze - Scandalous Shenanigans
China Glaze - Make a Spectacle

So first let's talk about Scandalous Shenanigans. I have A LOT of blues in my collection, but none come even close to this colour. It is such a mesmerizing colour and I don't even know how to begin to describe it. I actually ended up asking my boyfriend how he would describe this colour, and he said luminous blue. And it's true, it is a luminous blue.. it's absolutely gorgeous. All I needed was 1 coat in order to have full opacity and that is what is swatched here. Just the one coat. Look at that coverage!

Make a Spectacle is a glitter nail polish filled with different sized glitters. I felt like I needed two coats to make it look the way I wanted it to, but it all depends on taste. You could probably do with the one coat, it just depends on what you like.
The nail polishes dried relatively quick, especially considering it was a bit humid the day I painted my nails. They also lasted about a week before any serious chipping occurred.
I also want to show you my Christmas Nails as I sort of forgot to take pictures of them!

SHARE: