Saturday, December 21, 2013

Full of ignorance, fools in disguise

Top: Peacocks | Skirt: Ebay (DIY) | Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell | Jacket: New Look | Hat: Tally Weijl
Wow! Where have I been?! If you follow my facebook page (which you can do so right here: HINT HINT) you'll know that I haven't been blogging because I haven't been feeling myself. I'm in my last year at school which means I'm currently going through hell and back and wondering how on earth I'm going to keep up. For the first time in a few weeks, my boyfriend and I went out in the afternoon, into the sun and just relaxed.. I woke up in the morning thinking about what outfit I was going to wear for the day, and hey presto fabulous outfit at the ready. Honestly, I felt amazing in this outfit.. I haven't worn my floppy hat in maybe 2 years, so it was a nice welcome to be wearing it again.
For those of you who don't know, I am slightly obsessed with animal rights and the way they should be treated. There are people who enjoy torturing animals out there and really just don't care for their suffering. Then there are people like me who are aghast knowing that this happens and governments don't really care because they're animals and not human. People like me need to stand up and say that this is not right, and it's unacceptable. Either treat animals rightly, or I'll boycott any products you produce. So one of the main petitions out there that concerns anyone who's interested in fashion is the way angora rabbits are treated. Here's a little detail for you, their fur is RIPPED, not shaved, but RIPPED off their skin, and then they're thrown into their dirty, small cage with sore bloody skin. Because so many people have signed petitions and informing companies such as H&M and ASOS that this is not ethical and is unacceptable, they have stopped accepting angora based products and removed them from their stores and website. Please do not think for one minute that what the products made from animals are done in any way nice. Stand up for their rights.
SHARE:

2 comments

Write comments
December 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM delete

Love the hat!!

Totally with you, im checking labels much more carefully now. Im sad as I spent 250e on a duck down vest jacket from Tommy Hilfiger which I love and a year later find out how cruel down is taken. I decided that there is nothing that can be done about what I own. And putting it in a bin is not respectful either to the animals sacrifice, so I will keep it it but make it a point to not buy angora or duck down in the future... its really tragic.

Steph x

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
December 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM delete

So so pretty :)

Reply
avatar