Saturday, July 6, 2013

Twist up my lipstick

L-R: Shade 1, Shade 3, Shade 8, Shade 13
Top to Bottom: Shade 13, Shade 8, Shade 3, Shade 1
I got 4 lipsticks from MUA which honestly were the only shades that I really liked from what I've seen online. Personally, I gravitate towards the fuchsia/red colours and I tend to avoid nude/pale colours completely. The lipsticks I have only have Shade Numbers, but from Shade 14 onwards the lipsticks have names as well as shade numbers. Either way, it doesn't bother me as long as I have a way of referring to the lipstick. The lipsticks each have 3.8g worth of product in them, and have the little container thing at the end with the lipstick colour in it. They have amazing colour pay off, and honestly save for one of the shades, one swipe was all that was needed. They're also so creamy, and aren't overly shiny or anything. It's more of a semi-matte finish which I love. I tried these out, and they are amazing. They smell like vanilla which is always great since I love the smell of vanilla.
Shade 1: This is a medium dark red which is more of a berry colour. I personally think it's wearable for both day time and night time, depending on what you feel comfortable with. I also think it would look great with both dark and pale skin. It has no shimmer or glitter in it which is one of the reasons why I chose this. This bleeds mildly so it could be worn without a lip liner. It needs re-application after about 3-4 hours.
Shade 3: This has smaller packaging than the rest for some reason. You can see the size comparison packaging wise at the top of the page. It still has the same lipstick amount as the others though, just shorter packaging. It's a bright pink lipstick, that is rather sheer but buildable up to a nice shade of fuchsia pink. This should definitely be worn with a liner because a little after an hour, it had started feathering around the edges. Not a good look.
Shade 8: This, I'm sorry to say, is my least favourite shade out of the bunch. It's got gold glitter in it which was an unpleasant surprise, let me tell you. Like Shade 1 it's a medium-dark red but is at least 2 shades lighter than Shade 1. If it wasn't for the glitter, I would not complain about this colour at all. It lasts for at least 3 hours before needing re-application
Shade 13: This is a beautiful bright red with orange undertones. It's very bright, vibrant and a perfect day time pin up red. It lasts for roughly about 3-4 hours without needing re-application if you don't eat/drink that is. With drinking, it fades away mildly, but with eating well.. let's just say re apply as fast as you can. This is my favourite shade out of the bunch. So creamy, so smooth and has a semi-matte finish to it. I would definitely recommend using a lip liner with this though as it tends to bleed.
All these lipsticks are VERY pigmented and applied like an absolute dream. I would 100% recommend them, and the best thing about them is that they're so cheap, yet are actually of good quality. Packaging wise I have no complaints since it's pretty sturdy and actually looks nice.
SHARE:

2 comments

Write comments
Chrissy
AUTHOR
July 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM delete

Your hair looks amazing like that :D I had bought a MUA lipstick in a plum shade a while back and it s one of my faves as it s creamy and pigmented but as you said not shiny, which I also like :3 Also I didn't need to reapply it after I ate :D

Reply
avatar
KarenD
AUTHOR
July 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM delete

I rather like shade 8 on you--sorry it didn't please you.

Reply
avatar