Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Red Star


Catrice - Red L.E

So after ages of not going to the shopping mall, I decided to go there. Didn't find anything I particularly liked, so headed down to the cosmetic side of the store, aka one store. But it does have Catrice, so I'm happy! There was a new L.E of Catrice out.. that has been out elsewhere since April-May 2013. The collection was called Geometrix and was relatively untouched. The only thing I couldn't leave without was the matt lip cream  in Red. There was another one called Light Red, but that was just a bright orange. No good.
Another thing that I liked but didn't get was the Palette. Personally, the only colour I really wanted was the lime green eyeshadow, but it wasn't pigmented enough for me so I didn't get it. There was also a nail polish in Blue which was a beautiful navy blue colour that I didn't end up getting either :( I'm hoping a new L.E collection comes out soon so I can check it out.. hopefully 'Hip Trip'.
Onto the matt lip cream. This just reminds me of the Apocalips line by Rimmel. It's a liquid lipstick that isn't sticky, and has quite a nice texture to it. It comes with a doe foot applicator, sturdy packaging, but I don't prefer it over the Rimmel ones. The Rimmel packaging was FANCEH. This is also a matte lip cream, and whilst some matte lipsticks are drying and sit in all the lines of your lips, this doesn't. It just feels like a lipstick without any shine or shimmer. It doesn't look particularly matte.
- It smells like strawberries
- You get 4ml worth of product for only 3.90 euros
- Application is easy
- Creamy without looking shiny
- Not a true red colour, more like an orange based red
- Suits my complexion!!
- Lasts for about 2 hours with eating/drinking
- Classy red colour for the Spring/Summer Months
I have pink undertones and orange toned lipsticks do not suit me. This does surprisingly. Extremely surprisingly mind you! I love it. I've always wanted something with an orange tone to it for lips, but was always too scared to get something. Pretty damn happy let me tell you.
I ate and drank with this product on and colour lasted. The only fading I experienced was in the inner part of the lips and on the outer corners of the lips. Rest was okay-ish. For the price, I think it's pretty good and the colour is just wonderful!
SHARE:

4 comments

Write comments
Mabel
AUTHOR
July 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM delete

Despite your few hangups of this product, I think it looks beautiful!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

Reply
avatar
Reb Mintoff
AUTHOR
July 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM delete

I absolutely love it! If you can find it, I honestly recommend buying it x

Reply
avatar
Hola Bambi
AUTHOR
July 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM delete

gorgeous colour looks amazing on you xx

Reply
avatar
Chrissy
AUTHOR
July 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM delete

It looks great on you :D

Reply
avatar