Tuesday, April 30, 2013

You got that red lipstick on


ELF Studio Matte Lip Colour - Rich Red

When I bought this product, I was expecting a deep red colour. Instead I got a red with pink undertones. It's definitely a gorgeous colour, but it wasn't what I was expecting. It's definitely a welcome addition to my lipstick collection though. There are a couple of things I don't like about it and one of them is the application. It takes AGES to apply the product to your lips. Think of it like this, a fat lipliner being used as a lipstick. The feel of the product is that of a lip liner. It's kind of drying to be completely honest. At the same time, the fat lipliner makes the product application a lot more precise. And because its matte, it doesn't go all over the place.. it sticks to your lips.
This is basically an initial review, 'cause I have no idea whether I'm going to like it in the long run or not. I know I like the colour and it feels a lot easier to wear. Now maybe it's because I'm used to wearing reds, or maybe because this is such a beautiful colour that you look at the mirror and think DAMN.
So here's a few points about this product:
- Packaging is gorgeous but gets stained really easily. It's matte packaging after all.
- Its shaped like a lip liner, but a little bit bigger which makes it a lot more preciser to apply.
- It takes ages to apply the product though
- It's matte - huge plus in my book since I like my matte lipsticks
- Packaging makes it easy to carry it around since its not bulky at all.
- Pretty damn fine colour - Deceptive name since it's not a rich red.
SHARE:

2 comments

Write comments