Saturday, April 13, 2013
Rimmel Apocalips - Apocalyptic
When I read about these Apocalips on the blogosphere, I automatically dissed them. They looked like lipglosses, swatched they looked like a more pigmented lipgloss, and I automatically hated them. One time, I was browsing for a L.E by Catrice and went to look around at the Rimmel stand and guess what I see? Apocalips!
But, surprisingly enough I was intrigued and went to swatch the only 2 colours I was interested in. The pink one - Apocalyptic and the red one - Big Bang. Now I've only bought Apocalyptic for €5.90 from ASOS but I'm tempted to buy Big Bang now. This is from someone that's dissed them without trying them on and hated them. I'm not going to say I love them.. I mainly love their colours. But when I swatched them.. there was something about them that I liked.
- Pigmentation is EXCELLENT - One swipe on your lips without having to go over it again, and its insane.
- True colour: The colour on the applicator, is the exact colour that comes off of your lips
- The doe foot applicator with the little hole in it: One dip into the product and you can cover your whole lips with them
- They're a liquid lipstick making them easier to apply
- You can blend out the colour to be a lot less bright and in your face
- Texture is that of a lipstick, not that of a lipgloss
- Packaging is absolutely gorgeous: Ombre'd packaging and the top of the packaging is diamond-like
- Portable: It can fit in a small bag quite easily
- Cheap off of ASOS
Would I recommend you buying these? And please remember that this is someone who initially hated them because of their lipgloss deceiving look. YES. I would recommend them! Wouldn't mind if more colours came out from this range at all. Now, I'd describe Apocalyptic as a reddish pink. It's definitely more on the red side than anything, and it is bright, and beautiful and smooth and love.