Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sweetest Berry on the Vine


When I found out that Kate Moss was collaborating again with Rimmel, I was excited. And like most of you, I fell in love with the lipstick Kate Moss was wearing - Lipstick 107. Now, I went on a search at my local drug-store that would actually store the Kate Moss lipsticks, and of all the lipsticks, only the 107 wasn't stocked. They had only just brought the lipsticks in and 107 was not in stock. HOW! So I went to ask at the counter, they looked for the lipstick for me, and then they couldn't find it. So, they wrote down my details in case the lipstick would come in. Never happened!
So I went to trusty old e-bay and found it. Days later, my lipstick arrived and as excited as I was, the lipstick fails really badly.
The colour is absolutely gorgeous mind you. I mean, you can see from the above swatches, that this berry colour is a must have.The colour pay off was also great but here's a list of things I had a problem with:
- The lipstick ended up being patchy. 
- It was drying 
- Made my lips feel grainy
- Didn't last longer than 2 hours and then left an outline around my lips
I personally don't think the lipstick is worth the hype at all. Either, I just got a bad lipstick or the lipstick is actually like that. The colour is absolutely gorgeous, but I don't think its worth the grainy feeling or the patchy look. Will I be wearing it again? Yes, but I'll be carrying with me small make up wipes to re-apply it each time like a crazy person.
SHARE:

2 comments

Write comments
Lara
AUTHOR
February 26, 2013 at 8:13 AM delete

Reb, check if the product is an original cos I haven't had any problems with mine :S

Reply
avatar
February 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM delete

I haven't tried any of the kate moss lipsticks, are they matte? I have the driest lips ever and matte lipsticks make it worse. It's such a shame you didn't get on with it, as the colour is beautiful! xx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

Reply
avatar