Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Smoke on the water

I hope you've all had a Happy New Year :D! I have not posted in ages. I did have time to take outfit posts but my boyfriend and I like lazing about at his house rather than face the cold! Well not entirely lazing about... I was mainly working on my assignments and ignoring everyone but I need to work harder on my little niche on the internet.
Today, I've got a post about what I think is a very daring lipstick to wear. MAC Smoked Purple. It's got a matte finish, and it is a little drying. I really did not expect this as I already own one of MAC's matte lipsticks which is also my favorite lipstick ever: Rebel and that isn't drying at all.! But that aside, I never thought a lipstick could make such a statement.
Although the lip swatch shows it up more of a brown purple lipstick, it's actually more black based. I kind of like to think of as a lighter version of a permanent marker colour. Weird description, but it fits. As the lipstick is quite drying it does take a bit of a build up to cover your entire lip area. It also lasts for over 6 hours easy without it budging and that's without any lip liner.
SHARE:

9 comments

Write comments
Martina Vella
AUTHOR
January 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM delete

That is one dark lipstick!!! Me likey! I bought a similar shade from Make Up Store however you win with the dark shade!

Reply
avatar
January 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM delete

I love that color! Very edgy yet pretty!

http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

Reply
avatar
January 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM delete

This looks amazing and Ive been looking for something abit different than my usual red!

http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

x

Reply
avatar
casper+pearl
AUTHOR
January 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM delete

love your blog, it's super cute!

lots of love from the c&p girls,
casper&pearl blog
xx

Reply
avatar
January 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM delete

love that shade, its beautiful! :) xx


armariodedanielle.blogspot.co.uk

Reply
avatar
January 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM delete

Really nice!!! I love it!!!

Reply
avatar
Linde Lou
AUTHOR
January 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM delete

Wow. I Love it! You have so so great blog! <3
Happy New Year!:*

Would You like to follow each other? :)
http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

Reply
avatar
mariel janina
AUTHOR
January 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM delete

wow, love those, so bad ass <3

http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

Reply
avatar