Friday, October 19, 2012

Play with Fire

Skirt turned to Dress - Mum | Cardigan: Piazza Italia | Necklace: Primark | Shoes: New Look | Lipstick - Catrice - Tell me a Berrytale
My mum is the best friend I could ever have. Why? Because she's been there through everything with me. That woman is so kind, she's the best mum I could ever have hoped to have. So whenever she takes the time out of her day to make me something.. even though I was meant to have learnt this myself, she goes out of her way to make me things. The best part is when I get to wear them and her face lights up. I style things in my own little ways, it's what makes a piece of clothing unique. This is also unique to me, however, because my mum made it for me. It's a maxi skirt, but when she first gave it to me so I could try it on to see if it looked okay, I also thought it would look good as a dress. She then asked me whether I wanted it as a dress or a skirt, then showed her how I could turn it into a dress without changing the fact that it is indeed a maxi skirt.
It is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for everything Mum :)
The material is absolutely beautiful, the colours are amazing, and I just feel special wearing this. It's unique. And this is why clothes make me happy. They're a little something which help define us.
SHARE:

4 comments

Write comments
Rachel.
AUTHOR
October 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM delete

Cute outfit, love that you changed the skirt into the dress. It looks really pretty! xo

http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

Reply
avatar
Lana S.
AUTHOR
October 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM delete

Pretty dress, the chain looks great with it!

Lana, xo
http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

Reply
avatar
Kelbelle
AUTHOR
October 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM delete

Lovely story and lovely dress! X

Reply
avatar
October 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM delete

It's lovely when a mother and daughter has a connection like that. And what a beautiful dress she made, I know you wore it proud :)

Reply
avatar