Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Like roses who're hiding their thorns

Dress: New Look | Cardigan: Piazza Italia | Necklace: New Look | Shoes: Centra Moda
Last Thursday my boyfriend's friend was getting married and as soon as he mentioned that we had a wedding to attend, I knew what dress I could wear. I have had this dress since last Winter. It was on sale, down from 30 euros to 15 and I picked it up on a whim because it just looked so gorgeous. The only problem was that it was too nice just to wear it for a random Saturday night out. I thought I could either wear it out to dinner, or an occasion.
The hair was something I've been tempted, and once attempted to do. The teased parts fell through, but 1. I did not use any hair spray. 2. I needed to tease quite a bit to make it last. Bouffant hair, is my current favorite hair style. It is very classy, without being over the top. It's the more subtle sister of the beehive. I felt very inspired by Edie Sedgwick in her early days :)
What I wanted was a bouffant with a side ponytail and the pony tail to have slight waves in it... the waves however dropped. Now seeing as my hair is naturally curly and wavy, its a bit weird that this happens. But oh well! I think its because a straightener was used to create the waves, and no amount of hair spray would hold it. I was very pleased with this look and it looked perfect with my cat eye sunglasses which I just can't seem to take off.
I couldn't find a blazer to go with dress, no matter how much I tried, so at the last minute without even trying it on, I popped by Piazza Italia JUST IN CASE there was something that would go in there. The store was a total mess, clothes everywhere, and I was THIS close to getting out of there. But then I saw a bundle of cardigans, 'neatly' laid out, grabbed a gray cardigan and a black cardigan and I was out of there!
SHARE:

5 comments

Write comments
September 25, 2012 at 4:28 PM delete

These two colors are wonderful together! Love the collar!

http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

Reply
avatar
xXMaNdAXx
AUTHOR
September 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM delete

love the dress & love the hair especially! I wish I'm able to do it on myself though :D

Reply
avatar
Lara
AUTHOR
September 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM delete

Pretty as always Reb! hair, make-up, outfit, everything! xx

Reply
avatar
Kelbelle
AUTHOR
September 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM delete

Beautiful outfit! And I love the way you've styled your hair! X

Reply
avatar